Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Never Rich ,nor poor (Series name:Already I'm ....cry)

From another grey city,I pulled out an old book,turned to a chapter,whose memory fades each day.The pages are now musty.Are the impressions still alive?

We stood under the dim blue street lamp,you had bought me an ice cream from the remnants of your wallet.Kwality-Walls Cornetto,my favourite at the time.
You loved the left over biscuit cone,with little ice cream sticking to it.The heat radiating from the asphalt road,quickly melted my scoop.

I looked at the girl and the boy sitting inside an air-conditioned cafe, and sighed.Some day,we will afford cafe dates too,we dreamt.
So what else can jobless lovers do?Buy visitor's passes at the city airport's departure lounge.
Spend hours together inside an a.c facility,unintentionally see off thousands and thousands of unknown witnesses to different cities around the globe.

After that evening,we had not met for a month.

When we finally did,you handed me fifteen hundred rupees.A handsome amount in those days.The first money you had ever earned.

I don't remember what that first job was,but it was part time.For which,you had to sneak out every day,hiding from all who disapproved,travel quite a distance,stay on till late.And I remember you were just twenty.

1 comment:

  1. :) I remember where I gave you the money. It was the state bus stand in sector 5 just by the Wipro campus. Sector 5 had not even reached puberty then. Did we just walk there? I don't remember how we got there. And the other thing I remember is that the job was pretty crap but it got us some dosh!!!

    ReplyDelete