Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

I have found a new love for Monday night comedy shows.Something was always needed on a Monday to beat the blues.As a kid,that 'something' used to be the sweets mom made for the family especially on Mondays.
Now every Sunday evening when friends sigh and complain about the work week ahead - I struggle not to get drawn.
I am not a T.V addict,except on Mondays,when the set is turned on as soon as I'm back home.
Something keeps playing in the background while I'm at my chores - before the Comedy show begins.
Just then,I leave everything and settle on the couch.That's also when he comes home,from his Monday evening after-work football practice.
He directly goes to the kitchen to cook dinner.In fifteen minutes I have a plate of steaming delicious food in front of me and him by my side.
We snuggle close and eat our food while watching the t.v.Sometimes the comedy falls flat,so what,it isn't just the show,but this whole ritual that keeps playing on my mind on Sunday evenings whenever I feel glum about the week to come.

2 comments:

  1. Its a really sweet piece...and you really have expressed yourself wonderfully well within such a short article..!!..No doubt,a job well done..!! :)

    ReplyDelete